To Begin Your Day:
When you sit down to journal, take a pause and breathe.
First: Write your intention for journal writing its self. Something like: I allow myself to discover and be inspired by the process of writing.
Or I intend journal writing to help me focus on discovering something new.
Ten Questions to Start Your Day: (inspired and adapted from Brendon Burchard)
- 1-3 things I can get excited about today are:
- A positive, helpful mantra or intention I can say to myself today is…Example: I allow myself to love and accept myself no matter what.
- Someone who needs me to bring my best self or A game today is…
- A situation that might trip me up or upset me today is…
- The way my best self can face or deal with being tripped up is to decide I can…
- Someone I could surprise with a note, gift, or word of appreciation is…
- One action I can take today to demonstrate my integrity or what I value is ….
- If I was my own mentor, teacher or high-performance coach, I would tell myself this today:
- I can…I am….
- The vision I have or the big picture I commit to holding in mind is being ….I see myself…
If you’re interested in learning more, sign-up for my short and sweet newsletter (every other month, scroll to the bottom and enter your name). Or join the community and dive deeper into the process of self-reflection, and consider registering for an upcoming journaling course.