Intentional journaling can be a welcome relief from anxiety; a self-affirming dive into understanding our feelings and witnessing our growth.
Here are 8 prompts we practice in meditation & journaling class:
Set a timer (4 minutes for each question). Write stream of consciousness. Allow truth on the page.
- How do I currently feel?
- How do I want to feel?
- What kind of person do I want to be? (example: worthy of a break, loving, mindful, present, etc)
- What do I value most?
- What’s one thing I’d love to see myself do, be or have that will allow and give me more ease and joy?
- By when, will I allow myself to have that?
- What’s my intention? Example: I decide to allow myself to easily and enjoyably _______.
- What’s one courageous baby step or action I can take today to give myself what I truly need?
Your focus on self and your emotions can be a courageous act of self-acceptance.
Wishing you much ease, success and peace.
If you need support, or have questions, reach out, firstname.lastname@example.org
Struggling? Consider scheduling a one-on-one session to clarify your own process.