To write is to rewrite and rewrite and it takes a trustworthy reader and coach to get there. The myth of the single lone writer brilliantly creating with no support or creative feedback is just that: a myth. To write the way you want to write requires a team of at least one other person to have your back and ask essential questions about your writing as it progresses.
Writing coaching offers the following support:
- developmental, editorial & creative feedback
- writing tools
- story-telling skills
- a creative space for structure & accountability
- guidance for revision or completion of projects
- We choose a date and time to meet.
- 48 hours before the session, you send the pages for review, and feedback.
- Pages are formatted in a publishers font (like Times Roman), numbered, and double spaced in a Google or Word Doc.
- Your writing will be read closely, with an eye for what’s working and what’s not clear to this humble reader.
- any questions you have
- what’s working beautifully & pivotal moments in the story
- what is not clear, needs revision or potential edits
- Individual sessions (60 minutes) or a package of 5 sessions
- Meet live on Zoom or phone
- Payment accepted through Venmo, Check or Credit Card (3% added to total)
- To learn more, firstname.lastname@example.org
“Something about the way Jennifer sees and the feedback she provides in her one-on-one writing coaching is deeply moving. I felt truly seen and understood through sharing my story with her, and gained the ability to see my own Self as a protagonist, and the people in my life as characters with depth and their own longings and struggles.I will be taking her classes whenever possible, and her one-on-one writing coaching is something truly special.”
– Karen Maloy Johnson