On Writing: How To Craft Life Stories
Spring Session I: March 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, April 6
A 6-week online course.
$350.-$360. Payment plan available.
We will study the craft of memoir and personal writing, developing one of the most essential skills of: summary and scene. Showing not telling. Each participant will have ample opportunity to read work aloud for creative, nurturing feedback. We will read and refer to the writing teachings of Anne Lamont, Mary Karr, and Stephen King –On Writing – and many other authors memoirs or personal narratives.
- facilitation + writing teachings live on-zoom – 2 hour sessions, 6 weeks
- 1:1 personalize writing coaching – 8 students max
- option for 3 page (double spaced) creative development feedback for revision
- writing prompts to navigate your story
- personalized support to develop your writing
- a creative community
- breakout rooms with ample time to hear, read, and share writing
- in class readings from authors and poets
- a writing partner for creative process support
- Zoom playbacks to review for 7 days
- weekly Q&A for the creative process
All session are held via Zoom on Thursday evenings from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM EST.
$350. + cc% = $360. PayPal or Credit Card below
$350. Venmo – “write”
If a participant needs to drop the class, having paid full tuition, they will received credit towards a future class to be used within 6 months.
If the student has attended 1 class or received a playback recording from the course, they will also receive credit towards the future course minus $75.
No refund after attending two classes.